Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hurry up and wait

It has been almost a month since my last post.  Once again we are in the waiting cycle of the "Hurry up and wait" process so long associated with the military.  I found this today as I was surfing the net looking for inspiration for a paper I am currently writing:

"Hurry up and wait"
"It's an expression long associated with life in the armed forces: the endless lines, the delays while an assignment is being readied, the long night before a major battle, and finally, the anticipation of final orders. For some who serve during war, the sounds of battle remain tantalizingly distant, as they are left waiting stateside for the duration."

We are still awaiting orders, paperwork to tell us where we will be stationed after Chaplain school as well as the paperwork I need to take my oath as an officer of the United States Army.  We are still excited but this anticipation of the unknown is killing us.

Dear Lord, grant me the patience to endure this wait and the comfort knowing You are still in charge and will put us where it is Your desire.  Amen

0 comments: