Saturday, February 6, 2010

CIMT Over

Chaplain Initial Military Training is now over, four weeks down - nine more to go!  We have been to the Team Development Course, the CRBN (Gas) Chamber, Victory Tower, spent two days in the field doing our Warrior Task Training and testing (minus the combat tasks of course), Day Land Nav and Night Land Nav, the day infiltration course - practicing moving under fire with a Chaplain Assistant, and did what has been a right of passage for all soldiers - the night infiltration course where live ammo is fired overhear and explosions go off near by as we low/high crawl 100 yards to safety.  Being prior service it was all a little more enjoyable this time because I understood the needs and I did not have the anxiety of the unknown.

We ended the week with our beret donning, which I will post about seperatly

 
 One thing that I have missed the most about the Army is the friendship, the camaraderie that exists no where else.  In these four weeks I have new brothers that I will never loose contact with and will always value.

I also have my pinpoint assignment with the 25th ID now, the 2-14 Cavalry!  SUIVEZ MOI (Follow Me).  I am so excited to go to a unit with such great espret de corp and to be given the opportunity to serve such soldiers.  To be a "Trooper"  wearing the Stetson and earning my Spurs and serving along side such professional and seasoned soldiers is humbling

God, grant me the wisdom and the strength to serve, and love the soldiers of the 2-14.  I pray that you will bless and protect them in the coming weeks as they prepare for our deployment, be with the families as they also prepare for the separation to come.  In your Holy and Sovereign Name I pray , Amen

0 comments: